A couple of slides from a talk given today to a group of architects. Some more statistics about disability from The Papworth Trust, based on data from the 2011 census are below:
- 17.6% of UK population are between 14 or under.
- 6% of children are disabled.
- Only 17% of disabled people were born with their disabilities.
- 66% of UK population are between 15 and 64.
- 16% of these people are disabled.
- UK employment rate among working age disabled people was 49% (4.1million), compared to 81.8% of non-disabled people.
State pension age and older
- 16.4% of UK population aged 65+.
- 45% of these people are disabled.